Southern Medical Group (SMG) was formed in 1988 by the merger of two prominent Tallahassee physician groups. The physicians of Southern Medical Group practice the specialties of Internal Medicine and Cardiology. They provide adult primary and specialty care, as well as, consultations for other physicians.
To provide the highest quality, state-of-the-art health care in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
By advancing medical research, technology and education, Southern Medical Group is committed to promoting the future well being of our community.
Southern Medical Group Values
- Unity of purpose in our professional endeavors.
- Quality of medical care encompassing compassion, ethical behavior, integrity, patient advocacy and equality of care.
- Leadership in healthcare delivery, the community, institutions and professional organizations.
- Medical education.
- Innovation and technology.
- Preferred employer status.
SMG/TMH Physician Partners (TMHPP) Relationship
TMH Physician Partners is a community based, multi-specialty group affiliated with Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare. It was started as a way to improve the overall health of our community and to move our health system from a system with focus on crisis management and chronic diseases to a focus on prevention and health maintenance.
TMHPP is currently composed of over 125 primary and specialty physicians providing healthcare in over 4 North Florida counties. TMHPP includes the practice of Cardiac & Internal Medicine with services provided by Southern Medical Group, P.A.